The following information is intended for all end users, in particular consumers, who wish to purchase items from the Königsfurt-Urania/AGM Urania Verlag webshop.
Information about your contract partner
We, the publishing house Königsfurt-Urania/AGM Urania, operate this publishing house website and a web shop. If you purchase items via our webshop, the contract is not concluded with us but with our cooperation partner, Germinal Medienhandlung GmbH. The contact details of Germinal are:
Germinal Medienhandlung GmbH CEOs Jascha Ahrens / Klaus Haßler Postfach 1170 D-35461 Fernwald Siemensstraße 16 D-35463 Fernwald Tel. 0641/41700 Fax 0641/943251 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will find the GTC of our cooperation partner Germinal after this information. You can also access the GTC on the final order page under the link “GTC and customer information”.
Info about the order process
If you would like to purchase items via our webshop, place the required item(s) in the virtual basket with no obligation. Click the “Basket” button at any time to view the contents of the basket, adjust the quantity of items or remove individual products from the shopping basket. You initiate the ordering process when you click the “Proceed to checkout” button. You will then be requested to enter your contact details and select the payment method. Before placing your order, you can check all the details again, modify them, use the “Back” function of your Internet browser or cancel the purchase altogether. You trigger your order when you click on the “Buy now” button on the final overview page.
Information about contract text, contract language
Before you send your order, you can use the Print function of your Internet browser to print out or electronically save the order data, including these GTC and customer information. The text of the contract is not stored by us, Königsfurt-Urania Verlag. The conclusion of the contract with our cooperation partner is conducted exclusively in the German language. Contracts are concluded in English.
Information on prices and shipping costs
The prices on our website are indicated in euros. They include the statutory value added tax.
There are no shipping costs for deliveries within Germany.
Germinal charges the following flat rates for shipments outside Germany: For deliveries to Belgium, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria and Czech Republic: €8.00.
For deliveries to all other EU Member States €12.00.
For deliveries to Switzerland, Liechtenstein or Norway €15.00.
For deliveries to all other countries €25.00.
Germinal delivers by post, DHL or DPD.
Information regarding the possible payment methods
If you would like to purchase items via the webshop, you can pay by purchase on account, PayPal and credit card. Please note that deliveries abroad (outside Germany) are only carried out against prepayment, unless you choose to pay by credit card or PayPal. We recommend that you choose one of these payment methods if you wish to place orders with a delivery address outside Germany.
Information about the due date and terms of payment
Information on this can be found in the GTC of our cooperation partner Germinal.
Information on the existence of a right of withdrawal for consumers
Consumers have a statutory right of withdrawal. A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that cannot essentially be attributed to their commercial or her independent professional activity.
You can view the cancellation policy of our cooperation partner, Germinal, via the button “Cancellation policy”.
Information on warranty law
You can view information on warranty law within the framework of the GTC of our business partner, Germinal.
Please send any complaints and queries about our products, or any other concerns, to the following contact details: email@example.com. You can also send any complaints to our cooperation partner Germinal directly. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information regarding online dispute resolution
The EU Commission provides an internet platform for the online settlement of disputes (the ODR platform). The ODR platform is a contact point for out-of-court settlements of disputes in connection with contractual obligations arising from online sales contracts or online service contracts. The ODR platform can be accessed via the following link: www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. The email address of our cooperation partner, Germinal, is: email@example.com. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our cooperation partner Germinal will endeavour to find an amicable solution to any disputes arising from its contractual relationship with you. Germinal is not obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board and does not participate in such proceedings.
General Terms and Conditions – Urania/Königsfurt-Urania Verlag GmbH
When you place orders via our webshop, the contract is concluded with Germinal Medien GmbH. We, the publishers Königsfurt-Urania/AGM Urania, merely broker the contract. Below you will find the General Terms and Conditions of Germinal Medien GmbH and selected customer information.
General Terms and Conditions including Customer Information of Germinal Medienhandlung GmbH (excerpt)
Address of Germinal Medienhandlung GmbH
Germinal Medienhandlung GmbH
HRB 1660 District Court of Gießen
Tax no.: 020 234 40349
VAT ID: DE 112 609 574
CEOs Jascha Ahrens, Klaus Haßler
Tel. +49 (0)641/41700
Fax +49 (0)641/943251
Conclusion of the contract
(1) When you place an order, you enter into a contract with us. When you place an online order, you will immediately receive an email designated as an “order confirmation” to confirm your order. It is therefore possible to permanently save the contract text; the order confirmation is sent automatically and does not yet represent acceptance of the contract, but an offer of a contract.
(2) The contract offer is then accepted by us when the order is placed on the Internet when we send the goods you have ordered, whereby an acceptance period of 2 weeks is deemed to be agreed. The customer shall be entitled to a right of withdrawal pursuant to § 355 of the German Civil Code (BGB) in the case of distance contracts within the meaning of the legal definition of § 312c para 1 BGB and in the case of contracts concluded outside business premises.
(6) The language used to conclude the contract is German.
Reservation of unavailability
We reserve the right not to fulfil your order if we do not have the title you have ordered in stock, or if the title not in stock is out of print at the publisher and the item ordered is consequently not available. In this case, we will inform you immediately about the unavailability and will refund any purchase price already paid by you without delay.
(1) We only accept the payment methods displayed to the customer during the ordering process.
(2) The purchase price is due without deduction within 14 days after receipt of the invoice.
(4) A default shall arise after expiry of the aforementioned period. In this case, we are entitled to charge interest on arrears at a rate of 5 percentage points above the respective base interest rate announced by the Deutsche Bundesbank. The assertion of any further damage arising from default shall remain unaffected.
Please note that we can only deliver order values exceeding €100.00 against prepayment.
(1) We deliver immediately, but no later than 5 working days after receipt of your order. Deliveries against prepayment will be made no later than 5 working days after receipt of payment.
(2) Binding delivery dates (delivery on a fixed delivery date) must be agreed in writing.
(3) The delivery deadline is fulfilled if the goods are dispatched prior to the expiry of the deadline.
Reservation of title
The delivered goods shall remain our property until the invoice amount has been paid in full.
Warranty, limitation of liability, dispute resolution
(1) We will be liable for defects in accordance with the statutory provisions during a warranty period of 24 months from the date of delivery of the goods, provided that the defects are present at the time of handover of such goods.
(2) Our liability for damages arising from simple negligence is excluded. The exclusion of liability agreed here shall generally not apply if claims for damages by the customer arise from the culpable breach of a material contractual obligation (cardinal obligation), an intentional or grossly negligent breach of contract by us or by one of our vicarious agents or from the absence of a guaranteed quality agreement regarding the item purchased. The term “cardinal obligation” is understood as an obligation the fulfilment of which makes the correct performance of the contract possible in the first place and on the observance of which the customer may regularly rely.
(3) Furthermore, damages arising from injury to life, body or health as a result of our negligent breach of duty or an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by one of our legal representatives or vicarious agents are excluded from the limitation of liability. Please note that, in accordance with § 36 para 1 no. 1 of the Consumer Dispute Resolution Act, the company does not participate in dispute resolution procedures before a consumer arbitration board and the courts of ordinary jurisdiction have exclusive jurisdiction for any disputes arising from the contractual relationship with the consumer.
(4) Claims under the Product Liability Act are not limited.
Right of withdrawal for distance contracts
(1) In the case of a distance contract within the meaning of § 312 c BGB, the customer, who is a consumer, has a right of withdrawal in accordance with the statutory provisions and pursuant to the following cancellation policy at the bottom of these GTC.
(2) Upon conclusion of the contract, and no later than receipt of the invoice, the consumer will receive information which meets the requirements of § 312 d BGB or Art. 246a EGBGB (Introductory Act to the German Civil Code).
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If the customer is a commercial enterprise or legal entity under public law, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from the contractual relationship shall be the competent court for our registered office in Fernwald.